Thursday, April 14, 2011

let your love be known

                                                                           Source: hillsongunited.com via Jenna on Pinterest

Wow, only 32 days until we leave for Europe!

Today, while teaching, it dawned on me that one month from today I will walk across the stage and receive my college diploma. Yikes. I mean, what am I supposed to do with my life? It's not like they are just handing out teaching jobs. Where does God want me to be?
Of coarse, my ever so faithful God responded to my prayers. Almost instantly. I was just killing time before one of my lessons and decided to read to my students a book called The Oak Inside the Acorn by Max Lucado. If you have never read this book...do it. now. I had never read the book before and was not even aware that it was a Christian children's book. Well, let's just say, it took everything inside of me not to drop to my knees and give praise to my Lord right there in front of my kids. 

"Little Acorn sees himself as very small and he's unsure of what he's supposed to do in life. Eventually, he grows into Big Oak, but he still wonders about his purpose. Though he tries as hard as he can, he can't grow oranges like his friends the orange trees, or produce beautiful flowers like his friends Pink Petunia or Rosie. But finally, he discovers that his mighty branches were created for a very special purpose! He heard his mother's voice say,"Just be the tree God made you to be."

Throughout the whole book I couldn't help but relate it to my own life. For as long as I can remember I have compared myself to other people--family, friends, peers. And nearing graduation, I'm not sure if I'm ready to grow up! 
One thing I do know is that God spoke to me today. Yep, he spoke to me through a children's book in the middle of a lesson in front of 20 curious children. He calmed my nervous heart and reassured me of my purpose--to bring glory to Him. No matter where I am--whether it is Statesboro, Atlanta, or Romania--God granted me this life for a purpose:  to glorifying His name, continue to seek His heart, and spread the gospel to His people. 

*

I have never been on a mission trip before and I have no idea what to expect. Lord, I just pray that you prepare my heart. Prepare us all for what You have in store for us. Open up our hearts, give us visions of the things You want us to do and share with the women and children, place specific scriptures on our hearts for us to share with them.  We do this for You. Only You God and for Your Glory. We love You. We praise You. 


1 comment:

  1. Jenna, thank you for sharing your sweet heart with us! This is so well written, and shows your heart so well! Can't wait to go to Romania with you!

    ReplyDelete