Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Less than a week?!

Last summer, Richard Burke (Director, XA GSU) sent a message to our leadership team telling us about mission trips for the year. I remember Romania being mentioned and I immediately replied asking if this would be working with children. He said yes, and from that moment on my heart was in Romania. There was some talk of not having the trip to Romania, and I was absolutely devastated. I knew this was where I was supposed to go, and I prayed and prayed that it would not be cancelled.

In November(ish) of 2010, I submitted my application to be a part of the ReachEurope team and was accepted. Then began the fundraising. For a college student, $3000 seemed like an outrageous amount of money. I had no idea where it would come from. But God continuously reminded me how faithful he was. (You can read about it here.)

Still, May 16 seemed so far away. I had a crazy semester ahead of me and I thought we'd never make it. Sure, we talked about going. But it seemed like some far off idea, a date that would never arrive. 

Today is May 10. Which means that in SIX days we leave for Romania. 

The girls from the mission team in the
Bahamas (I'm the tall one in the
middle.).
The last time I went out of the country was in the 9th grade. It was also the last time I went on a mission trip. It was to the Bahamas. I'm not even sure that counts as leaving the country! 

I've never been on a plane for more than two hours, let alone across the open ocean. So yes, I'm a little nervous. But there is zero doubt in my mind that God has called me to Romania for these two weeks, and I'm beyond thrilled to see what He has planned for us!! 

Our flight leaves Atlanta at 7:15pm next Monday night (the 16th). Please be in prayer for us as we begin this awesome journey!! 

1 comment:

  1. Those children have no idea what they are in for!! LOVE, LOVE and more LOVE.

    ReplyDelete