Friday, May 27, 2011

"..its friday, friday..fun fun fun!"

Why yes, it is indeed friday! How can it be friday already?! This past week here went by so fast. Today was our last day here in Romania and our free day.  It was delightful! We walked through a village museum with different house types of various regions of the country throughout the centuries. We all got a tiny glimpse of living styles and conditions over time. The most interesting house type I saw were the ones underground.
After walking through the villages, we ate at the Rard Rock Cafe (delish) and went to this giant park afterwards. The park had a lake, boats, skate park, playgrounds, and walking trails. It was a nice relaxing day after this week working with all the kids. This week has been incredible. My highlights: going to the abandoned baby hospital and cancer hospital. At the abandoned baby hospital  I got to hold  many babies and got to take a few outside. One of the little girls had never been outside before to play and it was so exciting to see her face touching the grass and seeing her surroundings! At the cancer hospital my favorite moment happened when I was playing with a little boy and in the middle of our game he ran over, gave me a HUGE hug and pulled me down to give me a kiss of the cheek. It melted my heart. There are so many memories over this trip that I will cherish for a lifetime!

-Susanna Lacy

No comments:

Post a Comment